According to revised guidelines and relaxations related to ‘Renewal of OCI Card’ the OCI Card holders are no longer required to get their OCI Cards reissued due to change of Passport or any other reason, except one category (i.e., the OCI card obtained below the age of 20 years).
Only that OCI Card holder, who obtained the OCI card at the age of 20 years or below, is required to get the OCI Card re-issued only once when a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age. The standard existing procedure for re-issue of OCI card is required to be followed by submitting the online OCI application, physical submission of documents and Fee at the designated BLS center. [For example, when new passport is obtained at the age of 25, then OCI Card can be renewed only at that time and not immediately after attending the age of 20 years.]
Renewal of OCI card – uploading details, please visit the link: https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=98&nextid=80
Please note BLS International Services has no role/ give details regarding uploading details. Please contact CGI/HCI directly.
As per Indian Mission Officer’s directions, BLS Intl. Submission Officer may request for additional documentation, which is not mentioned in the checklist, at the time of submission or during the processing of the application. If applicant needs to be contacted by HCI / CGI or BLS Intl.: Kindly ensure that you provide the current contact number and email address in your application form to avoid any delays.
Rules and regulation of Overseas Citizenship of Indian (OCI) process are subject to change by Indian Mission without any prior intimation to the applicant.
The decision to grant or refuse Overseas Citizenship of Indian (OCI) service is made solely by the officers at Indian Mission. BLS Intl. has no influence over the outcome of an application.
Amount payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc.
|1||OCI card||$341+ ICWF Charge : $4 Total: $345||Processing Fee: $7.4+ Courier fee|
|2||Re-issuance of OCI card (due to change of Personal particular/passport)||$31+ ICWF Charge : $4 Total: $35||Processing Fee: $7.4+ Courier fee|
|3||Issue of duplicate OCI card in case of Loss/Damage of OCI documents||$124+ ICWF Charge : $4 Total: $128||Processing Fee: $7.4+ Courier fee|
|4||Fee for OCI in lieu of PIO cards||$124+ ICWF Charge : $4 Total: $128||Processing Fee: $7.4+ Courier fee|
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
- In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card
- Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
- Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Consular fee +ICWF Charge + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees , to send back your processed application.
- Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
(Note: Fees payable under is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge +BLS Processing fee+ courier fees only).
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee+ ICWF Charge, service charge and courier is paid. Personal cheques are not acceptable
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
Click here to pickup and drop off of your application at your comfort (Optional)
Click below mention link to download checklist
|Jurisdiction||Checklist||Sample form||Status Sample form|
|Vancouver||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued.
Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time. You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service.
|The minimum processing time to return the original documents along with the OCI booklet is 6-8 weeks.|
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI
- BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections
Online Application form click here
Clearance format click here
OCI Reference Form click here
No Objection Letter click here