Please peruse through the important information provided below for applicant(s) applying to the visa application center in their respective jurisdiction.
- Your Indian passport establishes your identity in a foreign country. Hence it is important to have it re-issued before the date of expiry. The passport can be submitted for re-issue up to one year before the date of expiry.
- Your Indian passport is a valuable document. It should always be either in your own custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the nearest Mission and to the local police.
- We suggest that you keep a photocopy of your Indian passport in a safe place, separate from the passport. The photocopy should include the pages showing the personal particulars, validity of the passport, date/place of issue, also the stamp of departure from India, entry in Canada and the visa issued by the Canadian authorities.
- All minors are required to have a separate passport. Old practice of including a child’s name in the Passport of either of the parents has been discontinued.
- You may be asked to provide additional documents, which are not mentioned on the checklist as per the requirements stipulated by the High Commission of India/Consulate General(s) of India.
- An applicant(s) who wishes to apply for the following services need to contact the High Commission/ Consulate General of India directly:
- Transportation of ashes
- Life certificate
Condition on Re-issue of Passport: A new passport is required when it has completed its vaildity period of 10 years and 5 years in case of minors, from the date of issue. Or a new booklet is required upon changes in the basic details such as name, appearance, and or all the pages have expired
Passport renewal for short validity Period: If the passport had been issued for short validity (1 to 2 years).
Note: Applicants should fill out the exact same information provided on their passport to be renewed. (Such as sequence of parents and spouse's name. For any different information, supporting documents are required, please refer to the checklist)
BLS Centre’s under Vancouver Jurisdiction does not offer Tatkaal/ Jumbo (60 pages) Passport Services. Please contact Consulate of Vancouver directly.
|S.no||Particulars||Passport fee(CAD$)||Consular Surcharge(CAD$)||BLS Fee(CAD$)||Total fee|
|1||Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)||93||3||7.40||103.40|
|2||Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages for minors below 18 years of age||62||3||7.40||72.40|
|3||Passport Renewal containing 36 pages (Damage/lost) (all age groups)||186||3||7.40||196.4|
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
- 1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card
- Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
- 2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees , to send back your processed application.
- Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee+ consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid. Personal cheques are not acceptable
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
Click below mention link to download checklist
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status and etc.
Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time. You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service.
|If passport is issued by CGI Vancouver, minimum processing time is 2-4 working weeks
If passport is Issued in India or other Mission minimum processing time is 2 Months.
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI
- BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections
Forms and Annexures
Online Application form Click here
- Click here Annexure-A Form
- Click here Annexure-B Form
- Click here Annexure-C Form
- Click here Annexure-D Form
- Click here Annexure-E Form
- Click here Annexure-F Form
- Click here Annexure-G Form
- Click here Annexure-H Form
- Click here Annexure-I Form
- Click here Authority Letter
- Click here Affidavit for Change of Appearnce
- Personal Perticular Form
- Click here Affidavit non renewal of passport more than one year