This is a document that is issued by the High Commission of India / Consulate General(s) of India, certifying that the applicant has never partaken in any criminal activity that led to the involvement of the Indian police, and is also required when a person applies for an emigration status to other countries.
Foreign nationals applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are required to state the period of stay in India. Documentary proof of stay is to be provided.
PCC requests of Foreign Nationals, including Canadians of Indian origin
Canadians or other foreigners of Indian origin who have stayed in India in the past as they were born in India or for purposes of education, training, family reason, etc. and need Police clearance for the period of their stay in India, such applicants are required to submit their PCC application form along with following required documents and fee at the BLS.
|S.No||Particulars||Consular fee(CAD$)||Consular Surcharge(CAD$)||BLS Fee(CAD$)||Total fee|
|1||Police Clearance Certificate (Indian Passport Holder)||31||3||7.40||41.40|
|2||Police Clearance Certificate (Canadian/Foreign Passport holder)||31||3||7.40||41.40|
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
- 1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card
- Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
- 2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
- Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee+ consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid. Personal cheques are not acceptable
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
Click below mention link to download checklist
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status and etc.
Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time. You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service.
|Minimum Processing Time is 4-6 weeks.|
Issue of Police Clearance Certificate requires references to authorities in India and elsewhere. Consulate can issue PCC only on receipt of clear police report from authorities in India which may take several months. The Consulate would communicate to the applicant once the report is received and PCC is ready to be issued.
Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI
- BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections