Who can apply?
- Conference visa is granted to a foreigner, whose sole objective of visiting India is to attend a conference /seminar or workshop being held in India. Mission/Posts are authorized to issue Conference visas to delegates on production of an invitation to a conference/seminar/workshop being organized in India by a Ministry or Department of the Government of India, State Governments or UT administrations, Public Sector Undertakings, Central Educational Institutions, Public Funded Universities (list of such institutions are Available on the website www.education.nic.in and the websites of the University Grants Commission and Association of Indian Universities), or an organization owned and controlled by the Government of India or any State Government/ UT, United Nations or its specialized agencies.
- All Canadian Nationals or Non-Canadian nationals holding permanent residence status in Canada for 2 or more years
- All Non-Canadian Nationals (Apart from U.S / U.K Nationals) holding work permit status less than 2 years in Canada can only apply for Conference Visa in home country.
- Biometrics is compulsory for all Visa applicants. Applicants between the age of 12-70 must be present personally at the BLS Center to apply for the same. Biometrics are exempted for the applicant applying visa for the duration of 1 year or less. (By Post/Mail only)
Note: 5-10 years visas will not be accepted by Post/Mail. Conference Visa will normally be issued single entry and for the duration of the conference or 1 month whichever is more.
The validity of the visa/ number of entry to India decision is at the sole discretion of the CGI/HCI. BLS International Services has no role in it and only accepts complete application as per the checklist.
|S.NO||VISA TYPE/Duration/Entries/DURATION||Visa Fee||ICWF Fee||BLS Service Charge||Total Visa Fee (CAD$)|
|Up to 6 months Single/Multiple entry||100||4||9.82||113.82|
Please note, the above-mentioned fee is for Canada passport holders applying Visa. Fees may vary for other nationality passports.
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
- 1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card
- Cash (Applicant's are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
- 2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Demand Draft/Money order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
- Return courier fees to be added in Demand Draft only if you have not paid online
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee+ consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid. Personal cheques are not acceptable
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
Applicants are advised to submit visa applications minimum 15 days in advance of their travel plans.
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status etc.
Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time. You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service.
The processing time of visa requests after submission of application is at least 30 days.
Note : The timeline mentioned is tentative and for standard scenario. Due to special circumstances like Covid-19, high volume of applications, etc., it may take longer time in processing the applications. The processing of the application is also depending upon the scrutiny and related verification of the case. Thus, there is no fixed timeline for processing of the applications and rendering service.
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI
- BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections
- Duration of the Visa is the sole discretion of the Indian Mission officer. Hence, if applicant has paid for longer validity and has received short validity there would be no refund on HCI / CGI fees under any condition. (Any clarification on any matter towards Visa issued only: Applicant needs to address this at Indian Mission directly via email. (For more information: Visit useful links on BLS Canada website). As BLS International has no influence of the Visa issued by HCI / CGI.