Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
OCI Miscellaneous services can be availed for re-issuance/issuance of duplicate OCI Registration Certificate and Visa in the following category of cases:
(i) In case of issuance of new passport.
(ii) In case of change of personal particulars viz. nationality etc,
(iii) In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate/visa.
(iv) In case of filling of wrong personal particulars while submitting online applications viz. name, father’s name, date of birth etc.,
(v) In case of change of address/occupation
Note: As per Indian Mission Officer’s directions, BLS Intl. Submission Officer may request for additional documentation, which is not mentioned in the checklist, at the time of submission or during the processing of the application. If applicant needs to be contacted by HCI / CGI or BLS Intl.: Kindly ensure that you provide the current contact number and email address in your application form to avoid any delays.
Rules and regulation of Overseas Citizenship of Indian (OCI) process are subject to change by Indian Mission without any prior intimation to the applicant.
The decision to grant or refuse Overseas Citizenship of Indian (OCI) service is made solely by the officers at Indian Mission. BLS Intl. has no influence over the outcome of an application.
|APPLICANT(S) RESIDING IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS SHOULD APPLY AT THEIR DESIGNATED APPLICATION CENTRE||BLS APPLICATION CENTRE|
|British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan||Vancouver, Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary|
|Ontario ,Quebec except for areas under the Ottawa Jurisdiction, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland||Toronto, Winnipeg, Brampton|
|National Capital region of Ottawa-Hull, Kingston, Cornwell, Hawkesbury, Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth Prescott, Brockville, Carleton Place, Smith Falls, Morrisburg (all in Ontario), Montreal (in Quebec) and Nunavut territory||Ottawa or Montreal|
- OCI Miscellaneous Services Application Form MUST be submitted online on the Ministry of Home Affairs website www.mha.nic.in at "Online Application" under ‘OCI Miscellaneous Services for registered OCIs’ on the “OCI Scheme” page. Applicant should ensure that the registration is done by providing current Canadian passport.
- 1 current photograph of size 51mm X 51mm for each applicant to be pasted on the online application. For specification: Click here
- All documentation mentioned in OCI Miscellaneous Checklist. As per your location Jurisdictional in Canada (Note: duly filled and signed by applicant for each application)
Please note that the fees / processing charge are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Mode of payment:
1) In Person:
Two separate payments required required of OCI application as per the direction of HCI / CGI.
1st draft or money order in favor of of "High Commission of India - Ottawa" (For Ottawa Jurisdiction) or "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" (For Toronto Jurisdiction) or "The Consulate General of India - Vancouver" (For Vancouver Jurisdiction) Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + Consular Surcharge fee only).
2nd in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via
- Cash (Applicant are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
- Debit Card - (Interac)
(Note: Fees payable under this section is for BLS Processing fee + Courier fee only)
2) Postal Applications:
Two separate drafts required of OCI application as per the direction of HCI / CGI.
1st in favor of of "High Commission of India - Ottawa" (For Ottawa Jurisdiction) or "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" (For Toronto Jurisdiction) or "The Consulate General of India - Vancouver" (For Vancouver Jurisdiction) Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + Consular Surcharge fee only).
2nd in favor of "BLS International Service Canada Inc". Note: Fees payable under this draft / money order is for BLS Processing fee + Courier fee only)
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
- Postal applications can be sent only to the Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver application Service Centers.
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee + consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid.
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
|S.no||Particulars||Amount payable to HCI / CGI||Amount payable to BLS International Services Canda Inc.|
|Fees CAD$||Consular Surcharge CAD$||BLS Service charge CAD$|
|1||OCI Misc service [lost or damaged OCI card]||Total: $103||$ 7.40 + Courier|
|2||Re-issue of OCI card/Transfer of U- Visa sticker and change of personal particulars||Total: $28||$7.40 + Courier|
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status and etc. The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport. Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
|Ottawa Jurisdiction||Toronto Jurisdiction||Vancouver Jurisdiction|
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI, if crosses the normal processing time. Applicants are requested to not make a travel arrangement before receiving the valid visa.
- Applicants are requested to contact BLS helpline only if the normal processing time (working days) is exceeded. BLS International will in turn forward the information to HCI / CGI but in any case BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions (For more info: Visit Useful links on BLS Canada website). Note: HCI / CGI will not respond to emails for information processing time, if the application has not exceeded the normal processing time as stated above. HCI / CGI will make all affords to respond the applicant at the earliest (Respond time for the email from HCI / CGI is based on many factors at Indian Mission. Hence, BLS International cannot guaranty any turnaround time for email respond from HCI / CGI.
- Important note: The BLS International Call Centre or BLS International Centre in Canada is unable to take Courier redirection address request: Due to logistic reason: BLS International is unable to receive any request from applicant for re-directly of courier address after the application is process at the Centre (This is to avoid security risk of delivery of the passport) or cannot hold back the passport at the Centre under any condition. Applicant are requested to calculate the processing + dispatch of courier time or the above information highlighted on subject to clearance at HCI / CGI and provide a final address for receiving the passport in or out of province of Canada. Note: Under any condition: Original Passport or other original documentation + copies will not be dispatch out of Canada.
- Incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
Travel arrangements must be made only after receiving relevant service.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejection
- Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
Checklist/Forms for OCI Miscellenouse is available for downloading from this section. Use the links given below to download the checklist.
|Checklist||Sample Form||Status Sample Form||Online OCI Miscellaneous form|
|Toronto||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Vancouver||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Ottawa||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Note:An Application Form cannot be submitted at the Visa Application Centre on an applicant's behalf. It is recommended that you post/courier your application, as this will save your travel to and queuing time at the Centre.