> New Passport/Renewal of Passport
The Government of India has made some important changes in the Passport Rules which are reproduced below.
CHANGE OF NAME/ADDITION OF SPOUSE's NAME IN PASSPORT ON RE-ISSUE BASIS
- Following marriage, remarriage or divorce:
- In other circumstances for change of name, the applicant (both male and female) should furnish:
Except the details provided by the applicant (of any category mentioned above) in the application form, no proof of marriage/dissolution of marriage (court's order for judicial separation/decree of divorce) etc. is required.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING FOR AN INDIAN PASSPORT
1. Applicant shall file online passport application on http://passport.gov.in/nri/ . This will generate the Web File Number and PDF file.
2. Applicant should take a print out of the PDF file generate after filling the application .
*Applicable only for Toronto & Vancouver Jurisdiction with immediate effect from 17th October 2013.
Condition on Issue of New Passport: A new passport is required when it has completed its vaildity period of 10 years and 5 years in case of minors, from the date of issue. Or a new booklet is required upon changes in the basic details such as name, appearance, and or all the pages have expired
Passport renewal for Short validity Period: If the passport had been issued for short validity (1 to 2 years).
Note:Applicants should fill out the exact same information provided on their passport to be renewed.
There is a difference between Re-issue and Renewal of a passport. Passports are Re-issued after the expiry of their 10-year validity period. In case you were issued a Short Validity Passport (i.e. a passport with validity of less than 10 years), it can be renewed to extend its validity for a period up to 10 years from the date of issue. The Passport number does not change as the booklet remains the same. Only an entry is made in the passport extending its validity date. In the case of Re-issue of Passport, a new booklet is issued and your Passport number changes. A Passport which has completed its life of 10 years cannot be renewed.
|APPLICANT(S) RESIDING IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS SHOULD APPLY AT THEIR DESIGNATED APPLICATION CENTRE||BLS APPLICATION CENTRE|
|British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan||Vancouver, Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary|
|Ontario ,Quebec except for areas under the Ottawa Jurisdiction, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland||Toronto, Winnipeg, Brampton|
|National Capital region of Ottawa-Hull, Kingston, Cornwell, Hawkesbury, Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth Prescott, Brockville, Carleton Place, Smith Falls, Morrisburg (all in Ontario), Montreal (in Quebec) and Nunavut territory||Ottawa or Montreal|
- Duly filled in online passport application form at http://passport.gov.in/nri/
- Applicant signatures should be in black.
- For minor applicants, both the parents’ signatures are required on the application form along with a photocopy of both the parents’ passports
- For New Passport: Four color photographs against a white background showing full rontal view of the face (size 51mm x 51mm).
- For Renewal of Passport: Four color photographs against a white background showing full frontal view of the face (size 51mm x 51mm).
- All documentation mentioned in New booklet or Renewal of passport Checklist (Note: duly filled and signed by applicant for each application).
Please note that the fees / processing charge are non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Cash (Applicant are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
- Debit Card - (Interac)
2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Postal order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Passport fee+ consular surcharge + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
- Postal applications can be sent only to the Ottawa, Brampton and Vancouver application Service Centers.
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee+ consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid.
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
|S.no||Particulars||Passport fee(CAD$)||Consular Surcharge(CAD$)||BLS Fee(CAD$)||Total fee|
|1||Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)||100||2||7.40||109.40|
|2||Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages for minors below 18 years of age - validity 5 years or till the minor attains the age of 18 years whichever is earlier (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)||67||2||7.40||76.40|
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status and etc. The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport. Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
|Ottawa Jurisdiction||Toronto Jurisdiction||Vancouver Jurisdiction|
|Approximately 2 months||If Passport is issued from Toronto minimum processing time is 15 working days.||If passport is issued by CGI Vancouver, minimum processing time is 4-6 working weeks|
|In case passport is Issued from India or any other Mission minimum processing time is 4-6 working weeks.||If passport is Issued in India or other Mission minimum processing time is 2 Months.|
Note: Processing and issuance of Passport booklets may take between one to two months
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI, if crosses the normal processing time. Applicants are requested to not make a travel arrangement before receiving the valid visa.
- Applicants are requested to contact BLS helpline only if the normal processing time (working days) is exceeded. BLS International will in turn forward the information to HCI / CGI but in any case BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions (For more info: Visit Useful links on BLS Canada website). Note: HCI / CGI will not respond to emails for information processing time, if the application has not exceeded the normal processing time as stated above. HCI / CGI will make all affords to respond the applicant at the earliest (Respond time for the email from HCI / CGI is based on many factors at Indian Mission. Hence, BLS International cannot guaranty any turnaround time for email respond from HCI / CGI.
- Important note: The BLS International Call Centre or BLS International Centre in Canada is unable to take Courier redirection address request: Due to logistic reason: BLS International is unable to receive any request from applicant for re-directly of courier address after the application is process at the Centre (This is to avoid security risk of delivery of the passport) or cannot hold back the passport at the Centre under any condition. Applicant are requested to calculate the processing + dispatch of courier time or the above information highlighted on subject to clearance at HCI / CGI and provide a final address for receiving the passport in or out of province of Canada. Note: Under any condition: Original Passport or other original documentation + copies will not be dispatch out of Canada.
- Incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
Travel arrangements must be made only after receiving relevant service.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejection
- Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
Click below mention links to download checklist
|Checklist||Passport Particular Form||Sample Form||Online Form||Annexures A to I, PP Form and Authority letter|
|Toronto||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here Annexure-A Form
Click here Annexure-B Form
Click here Annexure-C Form
Click here Annexure-D Form
Click here Annexure-E Form
Click here Annexure-F Form
Click here Annexure-G Form
Click here Annexure-H Form
Click here Annexure-I Form
Click here Authority Letter
Click here Affidavit for Change of Appearnce
Personal Perticular Form
Click here Affidavit non renewal of passport more than one year
|Ottawa||Click here||Click here|
Note: An Application Form cannot be submitted at the Visa Application Centre on an applicant's behalf. It is recommended that you post/courier your application, as this will save your travel to and queuing time at the Centre.